Author Topic: Globe Academy  (Read 2145 times)

Offline loricobbs

• Chief Porch Junkie
  • Administrator
    • Email
Re: Globe Academy
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 02:37:27 PM »
echo in here... echo in here... echo in here...
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” -Aristotle

Offline Hartlclaussen

• Back Porch
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 06:38:57 PM »
The website to the Atlanta Tapestry Public Charter School is here http://www.tapestrycharter.org/index.html if people want to check it out. Very cool concept, and very important to have such a school. There is a lot of need.  

There is also this school: http://www.tapestryschool.org/. There was a booth at Summer Fest in Tucker advertising this one. If I'm not mistaken, it's a charter school and several E'dale parents are involved. I could be wrong, but that is my understanding.

Is there an echo in here?
:(~ I Do you think I was echoing? I was just updating the web link to point to the school in Atlanta, not Buffalo.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 11:27:10 PM by Hartlclaussen »

Offline loricobbs

• Chief Porch Junkie
  • Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 11:17:56 PM »
I was just being silly.  I didn't even read the whole thread.  :)
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” -Aristotle

Offline rkachur

• Back Porch
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 09:12:07 AM »
all i know is that they had occupied 2-3 different spaces during their (approx) 10 year stay in East Atlanta Village.
At some point earlier this year, they pulled up stakes and moved to the new location on LaVista in Tucker.

I posted on the buzz about it, just trying to get the scoop.

They are in a little house near the massage place.  I'd be very interested to see the inside of the school. 
"Total non-retention has kept my education from being a burden to me."
— Flannery O'Connor

Offline Dogwood Girl

• Mean Girl
  • Administrator
    • Dogwood Girl
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 09:57:50 AM »
Let you know if I hear anything else, but this is the only reply i got:

My post:
So, what's the scoop on the Kingfisher move? I have not paid them any attention since leaving, but now folks up here (Tucker) are curious, so I thought I'd see what y'all had to say.

I am thinking, based on the  :(~ comments, that they have pretty much remained the same since we left. Same leadership?  Anything alarming or out of the ordinary about the move? Just seems weird to me. Was it mostly about space/location?

Thanks! (Miss you all!)

and the reply:
If Ms Middleton is still teaching pre-k I would HIGHLY recommend her. She is a fantastic teacher. Ms Kate also is wonderful but I don't know what grade she would be teaching now. She was 1st grade when my daughter was in pre-k. We were really happy with her experience there as I said Ms Middleton was great.

Source is reliable and sane, though. Would love a review if anyone checks it out.